On the one hand, I agree. On the other, if I had a starting band, the
massive exposure of Wikipedia might be hard to resist. If we would
want them to release their song under a free licence for the
fundraiser, (and that's if. I want them, but that doesn't mean other
people want them) asking them just puts us at risk of them saying
"thanks, but no thanks"