With the lyrics being:

" Wikipedia, Wikipedia, has twisted my mind inside out and upside down.
Wikipedia, Wikipedia, ain't work nothing but fun and laughter all
around. Wikipedia, Wikipedia, I'm losing my way everyday tuned to the
sound of Wikipedia, Wikipedia."

I don't think it's a very effective song for fundraising, or promoting
Wikipedia in general.

DG

On 10/1/10 11:51 AM, Martijn Hoekstra wrote:
> On the one hand, I agree. On the other, if I had a starting band, the
> massive exposure of Wikipedia might be hard to resist. If we would
> want them to release their song under a free licence for the
> fundraiser, (and that's if. I want them, but that doesn't mean other
> people want them) asking them just puts us at risk of them saying
> "thanks, but no thanks"
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM, geni<geni...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 1 October 2010 18:54, Martijn Hoekstra<martijnhoeks...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Can we have this in the fundraiser please?
>>>
>> The Ambassadors of Morocco appear to be following a fairly
>> conventional commercial band route. While "RIAD Records" appears to be
>> a name for them self publishing there is nothing to suggest that they
>> have any interest in releasing there songs under a free license or the
>> like.
>>

>> --
>> geni

Deniz Gültekin