On Sat, 4 Jun 2011, WereSpielChequers wrote:
> But for "kerry swift boat" the first two hits are
> both Wikipedia.

Anyone searching for that is specifically searching for the controversy,
not just searching for Kerry.  If the santorum article only showed up when
searching for "santorum sexual slang" there wouldn't be any problem.

> if I was Rick Santorum I would be
> hoping that the Wikipedia article on the neologism one day overtook
> the article that currently comes up top in a "Santorum" or "Rick
> Santorum" search.

... because the Wikipedia article is better than another page that's even
worse.

Talk about damning with faint praise.  He might prefer the Wikipedia article
over the other one, because even if it harms him, it doesn't harm him as
much as the other one.  Trying merely to be less harmful than other web
pages is an abominably low standard.  We can do better than that.