The reason the name stuck is that "Baader-Meinhof" is a weird name, and one
would not expect to see it multiple times independently in short
succession. Hence the name "Baader-Meinhof phenomenon" (which is also the
name of a book) is analogous to onomatopoeia in that both represent the
thing they are describing in some way - this is also similar to
homoiconicity. It's a perfect name - much better than "frequency illusion"
- and a substantial number of people now know it by this name, in part due
to its longstanding and interesting history of existence on Wikipedia,
which has advertised it to hundreds of thousands of people and generated
tens of thousands of websites which use it by that name.

The article should clearly stay!