On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> In addition to the proprietary/free issue, duplicating content is awful
> from
> a maintenance perspective. As far as I know, there's no automatic sync in
> place, so the wiki and Google are inevitably going to fall out of sync.
> There are other reasons to keep the information centralized, but until the
> wiki can support XML and iCal output, the benefit of using Google outweighs
> the cost.

Just to address this: the people duplicating the content are folks like
myself, Oliver, Philippe and Lydia who have to schedule office hours and
make sure they get into someone's calendar anyway. Using a shared calendar
(rather than putting them in the attendee's individual calendar alone) is
actually much more efficient on our end.

Thanks,

Steven