On 07/26/12 2:23 AM, wiki-l...@phizz.demon.co.uk wrote:
kikkocrist...@gmail.com wrote:
Sources for the restrictions:
* http://www.tickets.london2012.com/purchaseterms.html
* PDF: http://j.mp/london2012prohibited
I really can't figure out the difference between your example about
personality rights  and my previous, so I don't see why you're saying
that the above approch could not work, but IANAL.

As I said above I think this restrinction on commercial use of the
images imposed by IOC is not about copyright but is on a different
level and AFAICT is very similar to the case of personality rights to
some extent. So may you clarify?
There is a contractual arrangement between the IOC and the photographer as
specified in terms and conditions on the ticket. If some one makes photos
available commercially then they may be sued by the IOC under the terms of that
contract. The issue isn't about copyright but about the contractual agreement
and personal liability between the photographer and the IOC.

Copyrights wouldn't apply because you own the copyrights in the pictures you take.

Athletes in the performance of their sport are public figures so the personality rights are more limited. This may be more of a concern in selecting which pictures to publish, and avoiding anything indiscrete.

The enforceability of those lengthy so-called contractual terms may be unrealistic. I do understand that there may be some justification in section 19.2.3 for a ban on refrigerators.

Ray