Gregory Varnum wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by none of the members being willing to comment.
> Our chair has responded several times on Meta and many others have responded
> to Odder via email about this.

Let me just straighten this, Greg. Nobody has ever contacted me via e-mail about this except for the insults aimed at me after my first blog post on the matter — and you as an AffCom member should be especially aware of this, as the whole of AffCom was CC'd to every message that I received.

The hotel is in-line with WMF guidelines and as has been noted, we look to
> the staff to book those reservations and make appropriate cost-saving decisions.

Which is opposite to what the Committee has been doing so far; for instance, during the last Committee meeting, the then-ChapCom members have been using the same accommodation as the rest of the conference participants — and that was a true a cost-saving decision.

If we all agree that the WMF is spending too much money on travel (as Bence says, currently around US$1.7 million), then I see no reason why you're going to do the same exact thing instead of allocating the money elsewhere (or just returning it to the WMF).

        -- Tomasz