Le 12 févr. 2014 04:20, "Nathan" <nawr...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Delphine Ménard <notafi...@gmail.com
>wrote:
>
> > Le 12 févr. 2014 00:10, "Nathan" <nawr...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >

> > Well, it's actually pretty straightforward. For members of the Board of
> > Trustees, FDC and AffCom, as well as Board members of all Chapters. All
of
> > us are volunteers. We do not get any salary from Chapters or
Foundation. In
> > short, we do the work we do here for free.
> >
> > In our capacity as "members", and in order to allow us to fulfill our
> > duties towards the organisations/committees that we are part of and thus
> > towards the Wikimedia movement, we do get some or all of our travel
> > expenses and/or attendance fees for Wikimedia conferences reimbursed
out of
> > "movement funds" (chapters or foundation budgets) insofar as our
presence
> > in an official capacity is deemed useful.
> >
> > Hope this clarifies the strange notion you seem to be putting forward of
> > anyone of those of us *speaking in a personal capacity* having any kind
of
> > financial benefit.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Delphine
> > (Speaking in her capacity as Delphine, you know, the not-a-fish)
> >

> Perhaps you misunderstood what I was wondering about, which is probably my
> fault as I was trying to avoid giving any specific examples. But without
at
> all attempting to disparage her or suggest that her intentions are
anything
> but sincere, let's take the example of Nicole Ebbers. She of course
> discloses in her e-mail signature that she is an employee of WMDE, so its
> clear (though not stated in the form of a disclosure) that her income
> depends, in part, on WMF funding. It's typical in professional
> circumstances, at least in my business, to disclose personal conflicts
when
> discussing virtually any topic where the audience would not naturally
> assume that a conflict exists.

Ah I see. So I suppose, following your line of thought, that any and all of
the wikimedia staff (all organisations included) involved in any part of
the fundraising should attach some kind of disclaimer about how they
"benefit" from the work they're paid to do? Since, after all, they're
working to raise money that *will* pay their salary.

This might prove an interesting thing to implement.

Delphine