On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Gregory Varnum
<gregory.var...@gmail.com>wrote:

> One of the (many) problems that I have with this is that it both makes
> these user groups more dependent on movement funds for a longer period of
> time, but then caps those funds in the same decision.

One quick correction: we're not capping grant funds for all grant programs,
just the FDC process, which user groups aren't part of (neither are all --
or even most -- existing chapters). User groups can definitely (and
should!) apply for grants through the other grant processes.

Thanks for the constructive emails from all, and I will try to send some
longer replies later today or tonight.

-- phoebe