It would be nice if all of the chapters send to their governments a petition to
allow a global standardized use of media just for wikimedia projects, it is a
big problem that every country has different laws on copyright and public
domain media, and that wikimedia has to comply with U.S law just because the
servers are in there, we as a community should ask a global standardized media
handling law for wikimedia which might or might not include giving special
licenses for wikimedia projects, trying to keep in line with the foundation
ideals, I know it sounds a bit crazy, but hey it's the biggest compilation of
human knowlege, it should be following laws (copyright and public domain in
this case) that all of human kind reach in consensus, not just the laws of the
place where the servers are.

Dennis Pierri