Great! We are starting to have the conversation we need to have!

So: What is the purpose of the Wikimedia Conference?

This has never been clearly defined, in my view.

I certainly found attending last year useful as it was a chance to get to
know face-to-face people I only knew over email, to share some useful
experience of Wikimedia UK's with other chapters,  and  to get an insight
into how others were thinking, and have some meetings which needed to be
done face-to-face.

In general those are very useful things. But is that what the conference is
for?

Chris