Hoi,
I can understand the sentiment and, it makes some sense. However, I do not
like weasel words ... "paid employees".. Bah

They are not volunteering. They are on a job, have a mission. I think that
employees of any organisations may work for the benefit of bringing the sum
of all knowledge together together .. How this is done differs. How this is
accepted differs.

I for one am bemused with all the hoopla, then again nowadays I do Wikidata
first, am a Wikimedian second and yes I love Wikipedia as well. For me when
a company, organisation can help us with a significant amount of quality
data, I am happy when it gets added to Wikidata. At that we are more
"libre" than Wikipedia, to comply with Wikidata requirements a license of
CC-0 has to be provided.
Thanks,
      GerardM