On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Marc A. Pelletier <m...@uberbox.org>wrote:

> On 04/21/2014 09:16 AM, Nathan wrote:
> > Do WMF accounts still get the staff usergroup?
>
> Most accounts of staff and contractors do not get that usergroup: it is
> a very highly privileged group that includes pretty much every
> permission on every wiki, and access to it is on a strictly-needed basis.
>
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:GlobalUsers/Staff lists some 40
> accounts with the right - out of >160 staff - mostly of accounts held by
> people in LCA.
>
> So the presence of the group is not a usable discriminant.
>
> -- Marc

Of the 120 staffers that don't have a "staff account", how many have
accounts with (WMF) in the username - or accounts at all? I'd think that
unless employees had a predictable reason for editing qua staff, they
wouldn't need the (WMF) indicator or a staff flag, right? In any case, a
little off track with the initial proposal, which sounds like it doesn't
have a ton of support.