While this is a compelling interpretation - for the sake of argument -
I am not sure the words of the ED of the WMF can bind the Board of the
WMF in the decisions they make. I could imagine situations where they
could, and normally the ED advises the Board on what direction to
take, but normally it should be the other way around when it comes to
binding statements.

Best regards,
Bence