On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 10:33 PM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll express it. I think it does. It's a festering pit of spammers,
> trolls and nutters, and is a net negative in just about every way.
> en:wp arbitrators coming here and talking about Wikipediocracy as if
> they're their constituency is how we ended up with 2014's top-voted
> arbitrator getting busted as actually being a Wikipediocracy troll and
> having to resign on his first day.

This "they're all banned trolls" talk is getting really old, David.

That particular "troll" (User:28bytes) is an active administrator and
bureaucrat on the English Wikipedia today. WO was unaware of his on-wiki
identity, and that he was running for ArbCom. We found out after he won the
ArbCom election – and if we hadn't, you wouldn't have.

And he's not the only Wikimedia admin to participate on WO incognito. That
in itself is food for thought.