On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Austin Hair <adh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you sum up what you're trying to accomplish in one sentence

Well, fairly close to one sentence:

English Wikipedia is seeing a shift in how many longtime banned users are
regarded, commanding substantial valuable attention from WMF trustees,
staff, and volunteers. This has been brought about largely by a single
individual, whose megaphone was his ability to trade on the new Executive
Director's name. Instead of addressing that, many people -- some in
leadership positions -- are wringing their hands over minor personal
slights (i.e., the suggestion that somebody somewhere commented on
somebody's personal relationship.)

or refrain from dragging this list through yet another round of this topic?

Regardless of whether this list gets dragged through it, the English
Wikipedia community, some of the WMF Board of Trustees, and some of the WMF
staff are already getting dragged through it, and I don't see any signs of
that changing. I don't think it's a good idea to ignore this apparently
escalating situation on this email list.

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]