On 10 July 2014 22:21, Juergen Fenn <schneeschme...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I don't intend to bother you when you are making an encyclopædia,
> Brion, but if this is the stance the Wikimedia Foundation takes it's
> time for me to leave the project. I expect the Wikimedia Foundation to
> respect a community consensus. If you think you have another community
> of crowdsourcing workers then go ahead. I won't tolerate this.
>
> Regards,
> Jürgen.

The reallit is that an RFC edited by 131 people total is rather borderline
in terms of community consensus with regards to new features and
significantly lower than [[Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Default State RFC]].
There is also the factor that any new design results in a certain degree of
backlash. Sure the design has problems (I've just noticed that links to
images will break if the page they are on moves) but so did monobook and
vector when they were first released some of the issues have been fixed and
most people have got used to using skins other than classic and don't
complain that much.

There is also the political side that English wikipedia has resisted
several fairly major changes. Pending changes, Visual editor and article
rating. The opposition to flow is already starting to dig in. While I'd
hope the Visual editor mess isn't held against us there is the issue that a
pattern is starting to emerge. The WMF probably can't afford to lose
another public facing project to English Wikipedia intransigence.

--
geni