Hoi,
David, who is the community and how do you get members of the community
recognise and respect the decisions it does not like that are taken on
their behalf by "its" representatives. We do not have one community, we
have many. The interests people aim for are diverse and all too often
contradictory..

Really, in the past one part of the community insisted that it ALWAYS
requires to be able to have the deciding influence for "its" project.. That
clearly pains the picture for me.
Thanks,
      GerardM