Mike --

Did you see the recent discussion about this at [[Talk:Cheetah]]?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cheetah#Lead_photo_license

Although Erik Moeller recommended in 2008 (with the move to Creative
Commons licenses) that we stop permitting new uploads of files on the basis
of a GFDL license, as far as I can tell, that recommendation was never
adopted in any policy, so it's still possible to upload GFDL files. (The
fact that this file happens to also have a CC B
Y-NC-SA license is not the basis of any WM decision -- it just happens the
photographer also permits that license.) I've confirmed by private email
correspondence that this photographer is clear about the licenses he does
and doesn't want to use.

Seems like a loophole worth closing.
Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]