Dear all,

Wikimania has been over for a month now and it is already time to discuss
the next Wikimedia event, the Wikimedia Conference.

A year ago, for the very first time, the movement set up a selection
process to choose the host of the conference, 4 chapters applied and WMDE
was chosen to host the 2014 edition. Setting up this process has improved
the planning of the Wikimedia Conference and it would be ideal to follow
the same organization for next year’s event.

Wikimedia CH did not participate last year, but expressed its willingness
to host for the 2015 edition.

As we are already in September and that the next Wikimedia conference
should be held in May 2015, we believe that the selection process to choose
the next hosting team should begin as soon as possible to obtain the best
deals location wise and also to have the time to prepare the program.

As a representative of a candidate who wishes to apply for the hosting of
the 2015 edition, we would like to open this discussion and put upfront the
suggestion to form:

 *a location committee, in charge of setting up the bidding process and to
evaluate them

**a program committee, in charge of setting up the conference program

By keeping the smooth process established last year, we can address two
important issues, having a cost efficient conference if planned well in
advance, and having a content efficient conference with well defined SMART
objectives ;-)

I took the liberty to set-up a Wikimedia Conference 2015 page, as well as a
bidding page in order to kick off those discussions.

In the hopes of setting up a constructive and collaborative process, I wish
you all a very good day.

Anh CHUNG, Chief Administrative Officer
"Wikimedia CH" – Association for the advancement of free knowledge –
www.wikimedia.ch
Office +41 21 340 66 20
Mobile +41 78 888 76 38