On 11.09.2014 20:48, Isarra Yos wrote:

I'm part of the Wikimedia movement, but there are no chapters nearby, nor are there any user groups that I know of relevant to my interests as yet. Thus there is nobody to represent me but myself.

If this is Wikimedia, why can't I go to a Wikimedia conference?

-I

You may create your own user group and participate.

I suppose that all people participating in Wikimedia conference don't represent their own (personal) interests (or they should not).

If you participate in a project it's not so hard to create an user group. All projects are based on collaboration of individuals, so it should be not hard to find other members sharing the same interests.

Wikisource created its own, for instance, and they don't need a single chapter to represent their position.

Regards

--
Ilario Valdelli
Wikimedia CH