Yeah, I can confirm this.

It appears that when you turn on HHVM it forces the default time setting to
be UTC, so if you're on a wiki which uses a non UTC default time zone
(usually the time zone of the region most using the language, we do this on
around 200 wikis) suddenly all of the times you are used to seeing (in the
history, recent changes, contributions, signature time stamps etc) change
what time they are showing which gets confusing.

This does not appear to happen if you have 'manually' set your time zone
(only if you are using the local default).

I'm going to file a bug now for it assuming someone else hasn't.

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur