Anders Wennersten wrote:
>I also did soma very subjective test on response times and found the new
>feature to give 1-3 s quicker response, which is quite much (6s-5s,
>7s-4s) and make a big difference in the user experience.

Woo! :D

>Also after reflecting on my little harsh reaction on the deployment
>process, I wonder if it is not a language/communication issue
>
>Being a non-native English speaking person I must admit I have no idea
>of the meaning "intrepid" means in "for intrepid beta testers".  It
>seems for Guillaume it means "hey this is badly tested, but use if you
>have patience/courage" which I can accept as a message of a testrelease
>
>Also in my backgroud working in a company making internal deployment of
>software for 4000 internal users, I am used of making a huge difference
>in "ready for Alpha test" and "ready for Beta test", but perhaps my
>reference frame is inappropriate in this case, where perhaps a beta
>functionality means "Software for testing, not ready for release" and
>covering both my distinctions
>
>So I apologize if I used too strong wordings and instead want to
>congratulate you on releasing a good function where you so speedily
>fixed the bug!

No worries. Thank you for taking the time to write up this message
explaining. I think there are definitely ways in which we can improve our
communication about beta (or alpha!) features, including attempting to
label them appropriately and making sure the message is suitably clear.
Your constructive feedback will help us do better in the future.

MZMcBride