I'm seriously having doubts why this is becoming such a drama for some
people. There's a clear process (the Wikimania committee selects a jury,
which selects a winning bid to be confirmed by the WMF) and they asked for
volunteers, which they selected a jury from. Yay.

Because lets face it, being on the jury is a boring task and little fun.
Why are you (plural) trying so hard to make it even less fun...

These are indeed assertions, and I agree to focus on responding to factual
questions instead.

So again: Thanks for spending all this effort and time!

Lodewijk