Hoi,
There are several issues and imho the one Erik mentions is crucial. When no
money is intended for GLAM tool related work, nothing will happen. The
situation will remain one where everybody is eying each other... are you
going to make a move ... are you?

If you are all for a comprehensive technical infra structure blabla, all
well and good. Nothing is going to happen without an initiative and, any
initiative that does not have funding support will end up on Labs. Fiddling
with small scale improvements are nice, it will provide some solace but
what we need is a next generation of tools and of particular importance is
reporting. An environment is being developed for statistics and reporting
but as far as I can see it is either really hard or developments are not
being communicated or there is not much to report anyway.

Erik challenges the chapters. I hope the chapters rise to the occasion and
define a plan. From what I observed the most important part of the products
that are of use to GLAMS, stability is the main thing. We need continuous
reporting. We need the continuous availability of tools. That is very much
more than only a question of Labs or not Labs.

If anything it is a challenge to Erik how he envisions to provide a
platform for statistics that will be continuously available and how he will
ensure that tools are stable and are available.
Thanks,
      GerardM

PS The statistics for Wikidata are still broken and who is going to tackle
that and the break in reporting ???