The relicensing applies to the Wikimedia logos, which refers to all the
logos of the Wikimedia wikis:
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_trademarks. It also applies
to all the derivatives that carry the {{Copyright by Wikimedia}} template
on Commons.  Essentially, the objective is to get rid of that last non-free
license template. I'm traveling for a conference, but I will see if I can
clarify the blog post on this as soon as I have better internet connection.

To address Allan's question, this does not affect the trademark status of
the logos as governed by the new trademark policy:
https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Trademark_policy.

Best,
Yana