On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Fabian Tompsett <
fabian.tomps...@wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:

> At Wikimedia UK we are looking at taking this up in broader context,
> editathons etc. and it would be great to hear of other peoples experiences
> and their views.

Just a comment aside about the "etc". It is important to know when it is
good not to use a wiki for planning purposes. Wikis are very good for wiki
collaboration, and other tools are better suited for non-wiki activities
like i.e. software development. The Education Program extension is good to
coordinate wiki editing activities, and it might be also good for other
wiki activities like editathons.

For the "etc" (activities not based on wiki editing), you might want to
consider a project management tool like https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/,
which can perfectly satisfy the needs of non-technical projects and
processes.