On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 3:23 PM, MZMcBride <z...@mzmcbride.com> wrote:

> The proposed concept called "collections,"

Now the project has a different working name: Gather

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gather

doesn't really leverage the fact that we already have
> shared lists of pages called categories.

I wonder how would someone create a list of pages "My Favourite Music
Albums" using MediaWiki categories. How would thousands of users gather
thousands of pages using MediaWiki categories. How would these categories
be private, how would their owners avoid other users messing with them.

The end result of a personal selection of pages might look similar to a
MediaWiki category, but they are essentially different.