Hi all,

Regarding criteria, there is a list of objectives for VisualEditor to
achieve for this quarter in Phabricator [0], so all tasks which do not
allow reaching those objectives should be nominated as "blockers", as
explained on Mediawiki [1].

In these Triage meetings, we are seeking the attention of interested
developers and technical users with the purpose of reviewing and
collaborating on completing those tasks. If this doesn’t describe you, your
feedback about VisualEditor product is welcomed on feedback on pages in
your language [2].

Tech News is intended to inform interested users about engineering projects
and written to minimize jargon. We encourage you to subscribe if you are
not [3]. The Editing Team also publishes a periodic VisualEditor newsletter
for more in-depth information about VE [4].  Both newsletters are available
in several languages.

The Triage meetings are being held at different times to accommodate as
many interested contributors as possible; the second is scheduled for Wednesday
18 February at 4pm UTC [5] (reminders will follow in the next few days).
Results of the current status of these bugs are listed in Phabricator [6],
and results of the meetings will be posted at the portal soon [5].

If you just want to spend time with the team to chat about the product and
the process, we’ll have VisualEditor office hours again soon. [7]

Community Engagement is continuously considering effective ways of
interacting with you around product development and would love your
suggestions. What kinds of communications from WMF would you like to see?

Thank you, and have a good weekend,

rachel

[0] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/1015/

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:VisualEditor/Portal#How_to_join_the_triage_meetings

[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Feedback

[3]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_message_delivery/Targets/Tech_ambassadors

[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Newsletter

[5] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:VisualEditor/Portal

[6] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/sprint/board/1015/

[7] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#Upcoming_office_hours

--

Rachel diCerbo
Director of Community Engagement (Product)