After thinking about John's response, I've realized that those works should
go into public domain (actually, under CC-BY, as Serbian laws don't
recognize PD outside strictly defined "works not created by author" in the
sense of laws and other similar works; it's been explicitly stated that
"moral responsibility can't be abandoned", which creates CC-BY conditions).
It's about works of public interest and they should be freely accessible.

However, Sj reminded me about the real meaning of ND and this opens two
connected issues. The right address for the first one is Creative Commons,
while the second one is technical and should be solved inside of Wikidata
or Wikisource or even Wikiquote.

Let's forget for a moment any normative work. Take as an example any public
domain work, like King James' translation of Bible is.

There is a need to quote portions of Bible for any relevant reason. It's
public domain and we can quote the whole Bible if we want. But we want to
be sure that the quote is genuine and not dependent on random vandalism.

So, we need a software solution to import particular quote into a Wikipedia
article, while not giving a chance anyone to edit it.

Back to the licensing. Every normative work needs to be quoted in the
verbatim form. But it's not ND, as you should be able to quote any
statement of the work. It's not a proprietary license, as you should be
able to quote the whole work if you have such need. (A sum of Wikipedia
articles could easily quote the whole Normative Grammar.)

Thus, we need a kind of "verbatim license", which should say that you could
quote any statement and that there is no limit in the number of quotes or
percentage of particular work.

BTW, I didn't ask this question in relation to the copyright holder rights.
This is related to the reliability of particular copy of prescriptive or
reference work. You can't say "we guarantee that this particular quote is
verbatim" if it could be edited by anyone.

And while *our* works should be edited by anyone, we have to rely on
verbatim works (thus references).

The question is do we have capacity to keep such works on our projects.
(There is no question if we want it, as we have Wikisource and Wikiquote.)
One thing is a culture of particular Wikimedia project, the other is the
need to have software and legal framework for that.