Dear All

if this is the wrong place to post this, please accept my apologies.

If a scientist has published works - papers and books - on a specific
area of expertise, and that scientist is also a Wikipedia editor,
USING a made up username

1. can they use/ cite their own works as sources and base arguments on
those sources?

2. should they disclose somewhere (user page) that they are in fact
the author of the works? This would mean that the link between
username and real name would be established.

3. If they have a close relationship with a major source - such as
Britannica, CIA fact book, National Geographic - and repeatedly use
and defend the use of that source, should they disclose the
relationship? By close relationship I mean they are part of the team
of expert consultants, they are otherwise involved in the reegular
activities of the publisher, they defend the publisher in public
foruns on the internet, they publish regularly in the name of the
publisher.

4. And if said user denies that they are the same person as the
author, depite overwhelming proof in the WP and the internet?

Does any of these situations constitute a conflict of interests and
should they come clean and disclose the association?

Any constructive constributions via the list or directly to my address
will be welcome.

Regards,

Rui Correia

--
Rui Correia

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186