On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. What is meant by "excellent goals and plans" is open to interpretation
> and dependent on context. For example, an "excellent" annual plan for a new
> user group will look much different than an "excellent" annual plan for
> WMFR or WMF, and I'm not sure that there is a canonical set of criteria for
> what constitues an "excellent" plan.

That is true.  And different plans will excel in different ways (clarity,
focus, effectiveness, leverage, foresight...)
It might help to invite people to suggest plans that they have found useful
or instructive (in their context), and compare what each gets right.

> 2. Can we have the review of the WMF plan in July that you proposed, plus a
> separate community discussion that attempts to help everyone including WMF
> to come up with a list of suggested attributes for "excellent" annual plans
> and a list of suggested ways of streamlining planning processes while
> increasing the quality of plans? This might be a good follow up discussion
> from WMCON. WMF would be a peer and partner of this process, and I think it
> would be great if the FDC could lead this discussion.

Since Wikimania is in July this year, perhaps we could do this there:
public review & discussion of the WMF plan, and using that as a point of
departure to continue the discussion of planning from WMCON.

Sam
<%2B1%20617%20529%204266>