I am AWFULLY biased about this, but I'll be shameless anyway; please slap
me if I overstep the self-promotion.

I did a Wikipedia editing workshop in the University of South Africa in
Pretoria yesterday. As far as I know, it was the first one ever that
focused on using the recently enabled ContentTranslation beta feature. It
was six hours long and had nine participants, only two of whom had any
editing experience. It produced *fourteen* complete articles in Zulu,
Xhosa, Sotho, Tswana, Afrikaans and French. Except the latter two, the
Wikipedias in these languages are barely active.

I conducted dozens of editing workshops, and this one was, by far, the most
productive ever by the amount of content created, considering the time and
the participants' experience. Time will tell how well can it be replicated
and improved upon and how many participants will stick, but I'm optimistic.

I'll write a more detailed post later today.
בתאריך 5 ביוני 2015 00:41,‏ "phoebe ayers" <phoebe.w...@gmail.com> כתב: