From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Gerard Meijssen
Sent: Saturday, 21 November 2015 9:57 AM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Quality issues

Hoi,
That is indeed a problem. So far it has been lists, often well formatted lists
that do not have a workflow, are not updated regularly. I have added these
issues as a wishlist item to work on. [1]

You have to appreciate that when a list of problematic issues is listed with
over 100 items, it is no longer easy or obvious that you want to add and follow
100 talk pages.This is one of the big differences between Wikipedia think and
Wikidata think. I care about a lot of data, data that is linked. Analogous to
the "Kevin Bacon steps of separation" I want all items easily and obviously
connected. <grin> That is another quality goal for Wikidata </grin>.

Given the state of Wikipedia, most articles have an article, easy and obvious
tasks like fact checking and adding sources is exactly what we are looking for
for maintaining our community. Add relevance to the cocktail, we know that
these facts are likely to have issues, and you appreciate why this may help us
with our quality and with our community issues.
Thanks,
     GerardM

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey#Visibility_for_quality_issues