Hi, while I know that this is not the solution to your problems, let me say
that if you want a Wikisource focus area at the Wikimedia Hackathon in
Jerusalem (31 March - 3 April), the time to decide this is now, and the
place is https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T119703

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 7:54 AM, Andrea Zanni <zanni.andre...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> What wikisource lacks is development to core software, not only external,
> cool tools, which are fine but in the end don't really solve problems.

Some of the "core software" can be developed with the help of IEGs,
developer outreach programs, and hackathons. These activities are not
reserved for "external, cool tools" only.

One step that could be useful regardless would be to reflect the most
urgent/important "core software" development needs at
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/wikisource/board/ , in epic/task
units, associating the actual projects related to them.

I can elaborate further and bore you with details but, ina nutshell, we
> just need  commitment from people who can bring theirlines ofcode into
> production. As Wikisource is formally a Wikimedia project, and provides its
> tiny contribution to the mission and also to fundraising, I would expect a
> commitment of this sort coming from WMF.

I think the WMF would also like to have a clear strategy about the
developer investment required for Wikisource and other projects with
specific needs. In the next months we are going to discuss the Annual Plan
for July 2016-June 2017, and I recommend the Wikisource community to make
their voice heard in that context.

Meanwhile, the tiny and humble Developer Relations team is happy to help
you in the practical and pragmatic ways that we can help you right now.  :)

--
Quim Gil
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Qgil