Ultimately this is about cost. Right now, the cheapest way for the board
to get away with this is to publish some vague statements without really
revealing anything, and hoping that the discussion will die down after a
couple of weeks.

As a community, we can drive up the cost of this strategy. Boycott the
next election (if you want to call it that), introduce an
editing-free-week, put up sitenotices to inform our readers and attract
media attention, until the board lives up to the transparency principles
that we've come to expect from each other in this movement.

At some point the cost will be too high for the board to continue their
strategy of hiding behind vague language.

Tobias