On Jan 12, 2016 16:51, "Yaroslav M. Blanter" <pute...@mccme.ru> wrote:

> On 2016-01-12 04:21, Pete Forsyth wrote:
>>
>> All:
>>

>> And beyond this video -- what do those who participated in the last round
>> (or those who have observed it) think the important lessons are? How
should
>> we be moving foward?
>>
>> -Pete
>> [[User:Peteforsyth]]
>>

> I did not watch the video, but I did participate in the community process
and still have an iron barnstar sent by Philippe - my children are still
impressed.

> Concerning the process itself:
>
> 1) It was good that the process was structured from the very beginning:
there was a pre-process which helped to shape the task forces.

> 2) There was little to not at all coordination between different task
forces. Not sure it was necessary, since it was pure brainstorming, but
still wanted to mention.

> 3) It was not clear (at least not to me) what would happen beyond the
task force round. I tried to ask around but never got a satisfactory
answer. May be I just asked wrong people.

> 4) There was a bit too much noise (compared to signal), and organization
in the task forces was a bit chaotic - for example, in the task force I was
mainly active at somebody was (or claimed she was) appointed the task force
coordinator, but she disappeared after a week and never came back, so that
I took on the coordination myself and delivered some summary to the second
round - but nobody ever talked to me about this.

> 5) It is good that Liquid Threads died. They should not be ever used
again for such process.

> 6) Despite some deficiencies I listed above it was definitely fun to work
on the strategic plan, and also I had an impression we are really shaping
things up, not merely rubber-stumping some pre-determined ideas. And that
was indeed a community-driven process, and I mean the whole community, not
just the English Wikipedia.

Interesting summary,  what are the three major outcomes of this plan, and
one example what should not have gone into the plan?

Rupert