Amir,

We feature community member profiles in Tamil Wikipedia homepage and
Wikimedia India chapter archives. It gives a brief intro about their
background and links to their significant Wikimedia related contributions.

Tamil Wikipedia archive - https://ta.wikipedia.org/s/7pi

Wikimedia India acrhive for 2015 -
http://wiki.wikimedia.in/Featured_Wikimedian/Archive/2015

We do not interview but let them write these short profiles. There is also
a nomination process. While only more seasoned contributors are featured
this way, it is definitely a motivation for newcomers to contribute more.

Whenever there is a community gathering, we also try to create video
interviews.

Indian community interviews -
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-r163EeuFFPIhJHorSttw/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=0&view=0

Tamil community interviews -
https://www.youtube.com/user/TamilWikimedia/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

These interviews then help us create mashups for social media promotion -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05PoBbwsZV0

Ravi