On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Alice Wiegand <awieg...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> the Board has read your messages and is discussing the concerns you have
> raised about Arnnon Geshuri’s appointment. We need to consider all
> information and we have conversations among ourselves. Arnnon and the board
> are listening to your worries and talking with community members,
> considering people's opinions and his own next steps.
>
> In the recent round of appointments, the Board identified that we needed
> support and expertise in two areas: financial oversight and planning, and
> human resources. Kelly and Arnnon were identified through the process,
> reviewed alongside other nominees, and selected as finalists based on their
> expertise and backgrounds. We all agreed they were excellent candidates and
> people, and supported their progress as finalists.
>
> We understand this conversation will continue, and we will continue to
> monitor it. However, we want to be clear that the Board approved Arnnon
> unanimously and still believes he is a valuable member of the team.
>
> Please see this as a brief update. We owe you a more detailed response, and
> we plan to come back to you with more information soon.

I don't understand neither Arnnon nor the rest of the Board.

At the best, one month of this situation means one year less of your
lives because of stress. If Arnnon reaches Wikimedia Conference, every
day will take a year of your lives.

Admitting that you did something wrong is human.

To be honest, I don't think all of you, including Arnnon, are
stubborn. You are likely thinking you are choosing between two bad
things.

I read Arnnon's email and he convinced me. I mean, I am quite
convinced he could be quite good Board member exactly because of his
problematic background, as he would care much more what he is doing.
But he didn't convince 90% of Wikimedians. And that matters.

Just leave it. It's easier for everybody and it's right decision to
say "We are sorry, we did it wrong.". If some of you care about
reelection, it's wise to show human face. If you care about WMF's
integrity, Wikimedia movement is WMF's integrity. And Arnnon could
avoid the title of the most hated WMF Board member ever.

Or you really want to wait for Wikimedia Conference? Not to talk about
Wikimania.

--
Milos