Lodewijk,

Thank you for this suggestion. I drafted a proposal about a month ago for
something like this, as a community-initiated project; however, I agree
that something with explicit buy-in from the Board would be much better.
Still, perhaps this draft will be useful; it is Proposal #1 (of two) on
this page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Peteforsyth/Heilman15

Do keep in mind, it is a bit out of date; help in updating it and/or moving
it to main space as a more formal proposal is welcome.

-Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]