Derek, et al

I was not attacking Katy in any way.

I have now read Maggie's response (which I thank her for making), and
whilst from that response it may appear Katy is the best person for the
job, I still question what this "new, open approach" to recruitment at the
WMF entails...

Internal promotions with no advertizing and no interviews, etc indicates to
me there is no "new, open approach" to recruitment at the WMF. It certainly
would appear that this "new, open approach" that was touted by Lila has yet
to filter down to the wider WMF structures from the ED's office, or from
Boryana Dineva's office. Or were we being sold buzz words with no substance?

It is, of course, the WMF's right to do what it wants in terms of
recruiting and promotions but for all too long the WMF has been seen to be
an organization which favors insiders for recruitment needs.

It would have been good to see Katy sit in this position on a temporary
basis whilst a full open recruitment process was carried out...Wikimedia is
NOT the only community-driven organization out there, and for such an
important position as "Director" the WMF does itself a disservice not to
advertize for as many suitable applicants at possible.

Is Katy a good recommendation for the job as Director of Community
Resources? Sure. Is she the best person for the job? Only a fully
transparent approach to recruitment could possibly ascertain that.

It would still be great to get some words from WMF recruitment, or whatever
fanciful name they call themselves these days, on such issues.

Is Boryana Dineva back from leave yet? Perhaps she could address this "new,
open approach" to recruitment for us?

Kind regards,

Ruslan Takayev