Hi Eloquence

Since the "Mediawiki" trademark was lost to WMF the day you and
Anthere placed the logo into public domain [1], how can the WMF now
spin-off this new organization ?.

Am I  correct in assuming the Mediawiki software  can be forked by
anybody interested along with attribution ?

Regards

Dave

[1]  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:MediaWiki.svg