Yes. The 'not' was implied. ;-)

Per future President Clinton, those were just my words.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/clinton-misspoke-over-claims-of-sniper-fire-in-visit-to-bosnia-800606.html

If only there was a way of writing text online that could be edited
after pressing the save button, someone should invent that.

Fae