Carlos,

I completely agree that resources are a prerequisite for organizational
success.

A group in rural Afganistan will have a much different operating
environment than a group in metropolitan London, and it is more likely that
the group in London will be a chapter. My understanding is that WMF was
thinking along similar lines when it first created the concept of user
groups: that user groups would be easy to set up and have more flexible
configurations.

Why shouldn't a chapter which ceases to meet the admissions criteria for
chapter status be given an opportunity to improve, and if after a certain
period of time the chapter still falls below the criteria, the chapter be
changed to user group status?

Pine