As a reminder: IRC is governed by Freenode. Channels can have their own
rules, and there are widely varying systems of internal governance for
Wikimedia IRC channels. I think it's important to note that WMF and the
Wikimedia community are guests on Freenode, and I'm uncomfortable with the
proposition to extend a WMF policy into IRC channels without explicit
consent from the ops of those channels; it seems to me that the TCC would
be a per-channel opt-in on IRC, not a WMF blanket standard.

Speaking more generally, I am wary of WMF encroachment into what I should
be fundamentally community-governed spaces. I have not heard a lot of
objections from the community to the proposed technical code of conduct,
and I've heard some arguments for and against the rationale for having it;
my main concern is that I would prefer that the final document be ratified
through community-led processes.

Thanks,

Pine