Dear Wikimedians,

On Saturday, the Green Party has resolved the coalition agreement for the
future Berlin government and nominated their future government officials. The
new designated Minister of economics, Ramona Pop, asked Christian to become
her Undersecretary of State for the new Berlin ministry of economy, energy
and enterprises. Now things are going to happen quite quickly: The future
senate is scheduled to be constituted on December 8th. Right after that,
Christian would take on the new responsibility.

The Supervisory Board of Wikimedia Deutschland and Christian agree that
this is a great opportunity that he should accept. I also see this as a
huge compliment to our work at Wikimedia Deutschland.

We are aware that this opportunity brings a lot of change for our
organisation for the near future as well. Christian and I are currently
working on the next steps together with our staff and community. We will
provide you with regular updates regarding the transition process.

Thank you very much and kind regards

Tim Moritz Hector

--
Tim Moritz Hector