Hi,

I have a personal experience which is worth considering.
One of my picture uploaded on Commons under CC-BY-SA was used without
attribution by a political party on their website and 2 of their leaflets
(printed to more than 10,000 copies each).
I contacted them, and they immediately acknowledged that the license was
not respected. Their excuse was "We didn't know", which is quite difficult
to accept.
But then they stopped answering to my mails.
So I contacted a lawyer, who told me that I should ask "at least 5,000
euros".
Then the politician said to my lawyer than "I have agreed to a compensation
of a few euros", which is completely false.
Consequence: My lawyer could not negotiate more than a few hundreds euros.
Morality: It would have been much better for me to contact a lawyer
directly rather than trying to negotiate an amicable agreement. :(

Regards,

Yann