On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> When individuals are discredited in this way, your option, you are judging
> these people. That is in my opinion a mistake. You may judge a situation
> and determine because of what you consider your responsibility to either
> accept or no longer accept the existence of a chapter, whatever entity.
> When you judge people and determine that you will not trust them in the
> future to do good. You have a problem.
>
> It is exactly when a group is small that your priority must be in growing
> the group and the quality of their interaction. By dismissing people
> totally you achieve the opposite of what we want; that is representation of
> our movement in the most optimal way.
> Thanks,
>       GerardM

It seems very strange to me to discount the mere possibility that AffComm
may, in the course of its work, discover that specific individuals are
untrustworthy or impossible to work with - or that signals of such a status
must be resolved before collaboration can continue. We don't exist in a
world where entities matter but individuals do not. It would appear that
AffComm is trying very hard not to publicly discredit any individuals. By
senselessly ruling out that this could be true, you're unnecessarily
pushing them to 'out' potential misconduct in a way that won't help the
movement or any future Philippines-based affiliate.