hi Faidon,

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Faidon Liambotis <fai...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> However, it hasn't been a priority for me or my team for these reasons:
> - As long as communities feel so-and-so about Tor overall, and e.g.
>   block edits from Tor users, it's hard to justify us in the Foundation
>   investing more time into it, at the expense of other projects. It
>   feels at odds with our communities' wishes a little bit.

the reason to think about some use of Tor  for me, considering the mixed
feelings about the technology in our community, would be in the app, and
just for reading. If our app used Tor by default, all users in Turkey would
magically find Wikipedia to work on their phones :)

Facebook app allows Tor, but not by default (because it kills
notifications).

I believe that such a use of Tor would possibly be neutral to many people
who otherwise oppose allowing editing through Tor.

dj