> Could you elaborate on the benefits of this timetable change for people who
> are not involved with affiliates?

Hi Pine,

I would like to give my view on this since extending the deadlines was
the main feedback that I gave after the last phase of the
consultation. I think it is extremely important that as many people as
possible can weigh in on the process, so that they can, hopefully,
identify with and support the output of the consultation, even if it
might not fully reflect their own opinions.

Starting from this assumption, and considering the fact that even the
most active wikimedians (not involved in a chapter) have real life
commitments that do not allow them to follow this process carefully,
it is obvious that the main responsibility of the team that
coordinates the process should have been outreach. In my particular
geographic area, Track B contributors were engaged with only 2 weeks
prior to the end of the last cycle, which is hardly enough time to
read, understand, and think about the vast quantity of material
available in the strategy process.

By asking different members of the strategy team it became obvious
that the delay was caused by organizational tasks, which should have
been done before Cycle 2 begins, but the time was insufficient.
Therefore, I believe that extending the timeline is a good idea - a
cycle should only begin after it's been thoroughly prepared and
outreach can begin from day 1. If the WMF team is efficient enough is
a totally different question, on which I don't have an opinion.

Strainu